Building Your First Audience
Audiences are critical to unlocking the full potential of Lytics. Before you get started, you might want to learn a bit more about Lytics Audiences. Assuming you have already collected some data, it is time to make your first audience. The Lytics audience builder is a powerful tool. All of your custom fields, data science scores, content affinities and other segments are available to create extremely targeted audiences.
- Navigate to the Audience section of your Lytics account.
- Select Create New Audience to access the Audience Builder.
The Audience Builder is broken down into four categories of logic to be added to the audience definition.
- Existing Audiences: Include or exclude an existing audience in the new audience.
- Content Affinity: Include or exclude users with an affinity for a specific topic.
- Campaigns: Include or exclude users who have engaged with a Lytics Personalize Campaign.
- Custom Rule: Define a new rule using any of the fields mapped to a user profile.
For this example we'll use a Custom Rule.
- Select Time of Last Visit.
- Select be within, Last, 7 days.
- Click Add Condition
- Name the audience Visited Within 7 Days.
- Select Enable API Access for any audience that is to be shared with your website for personalization or for integration into another tool such as Google Analytics.
- Click Create.
That's it. You've created your first custom audience. This audience will update in real-time as users visit your site.
Next we'll export our audience!