The Job Summary provides an at-a-glance view of all the relevant information about each job you've created in Lytics. Jobs allow you to import, export, and enrich your first-party data using Lytics as the hub of your marketing tools.
At the top of the Job Summary page, you’ll see the following information:
- Status: Indicates the current state of a job. See the table below for descriptions of each status.
- Provider: Third-party tool that you are connecting with Lytics such as Facebook, Google, Mailchimp, etc.
- Type: Indicates whether the job is an import, export, or enrichment.
- Job: Name of the job, such as “Import Users & Activity” or “Export Audiences.”
- Authorization: Name of the authorization, such as “Main Salesforce auth.”
- Owner: Lytics user who created the authorization.
- Created: Date the job was initially created.
- Updated: Date the job was most recently edited.
- Origin: Indicates how the job was created. It will list “Manual” unless a job has an associated Lytics Experience, in which case it will show “Experience”.
- Experience: Name of the associated Lytics Experience (if applicable).
|Running||The job is actively running.|
|Sleeping||The job is not actively running but is scheduled to run again after a given time period. A job is sleeping either because the job runs on a periodic cadence with scheduled sleeps in between job runs, or the job has encountered an error and is sleeping before retrying the request.|
|Failed||The job has encountered consecutive errors over a 10 hour period and is removed from running again. Check the logs to see if there are any fixable issues. Failed works can be resumed, which will schedule it to run again. Failed jobs will be automatically purged after 90 days|
|Paused||The job has been paused by a user. The work can be scheduled to run again by resuming the job. Paused works will be automatically purged after 90 days|
|Completed||The job has completed all its scheduled tasks and will not be run again. These will be purged from job history after 90 days|
The activity chart will provide metrics (if available) on a job's performance to give a better understanding of how your data is flowing in and out of Lytics. You can see the number of profiles added, removed, or omitted by the job during the selected time frame. Note, this feature is currently in development. Once metrics are available for each job, this chart will become populated.
The Details section displays all the information relating to how you set up your job: the authorization used, how you configured the Job, and any audience(s) you sent for exports.
The Logs section records the history of events for this job, details about the work completed, and the time each job was run. The logs are helpful to ensure your work is running as expected and for troubleshooting if any issues arise. Below are descriptions of the job events you may see in the logs.
|Started||First event indicating job is active.|
|Synced||The job has completed a unit of work successfully and will continue to run.|
|Error||The job has encountered an error and will retry automatically.|
|Sleeping||The job is sleeping due to external restrictions such as hitting a provider's API limits.|
|Failed||The job has encountered consecutive errors over a 10 hour period and is removed from running again.|
|Completed||The job has completed all its scheduled tasks and will not be run again.|