Authorizing the connection between Lytics and other providers allows you to create jobs to import, export, and enrich your first-party data. Navigate to Data > Authorizations in the Lytics app to find your Authorizations Dashboard, which gives an overview of all authorizations in your account and their usage.
All authorizations are displayed in a table and are sortable by the following fields:
- Label: The name of the authorization as defined by your input for the "label" field.
- Description: Optional text field to differentiate authorizations. This is particularly useful when you have more than one authorization for a given provider.
- Provider: The third-party tool that the authorization is connecting to Lytics.
- Health: Indicates whether the authorization is valid and active. Learn more.
- Owner: Lytics user who created the authorization.
- Created: Date the authorization was initially created.
Click on a specific authorization to view its Summary page, which will provide more details and allow you to edit or delete the authorization.
Create New Authorizations
From the Authorizations Dashboard, click Create New Authorization at the top right and complete the following steps.
- Choose the provider.
- Select the desired authorization method.
- Add a name (label), description, and complete the configuration options.
Note that some integration providers only have one authorization method, but others offer multiple methods such as API keys, OAuth, etc. Certain methods may enable different jobs such as real-time audience exports vs. bulk audience exports. If you are unsure which method to use, you can find more information in the integration documentation for your provider.
For example, if you are looking to import event data from Google Cloud Pub/Sub into Lytics, there is only one method from the list of Google Cloud authorization methods that supports the
Import Data (Cloud Pub/Sub) job in Lytics.